Xiaomi launched its first dual-camera phone Redmi Note 5 Pro in India last year running MIUI 9.2 on top of Android 7.1 (Nougat) and later updated it to MIUI 9.5 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) back in June 2018. Xiaomi doesn’t follow any fixed update frequency for the MIUI Global Stable ROM but on an average, the Global Stable ROM is updated once in 20-40 days.
This post will help our readers in keeping track of MIUI updates for Redmi Note 5 Pro (codename whyred), also check out our Redmi Note 5 Pro custom ROM reviews,
- Android 10 based Pixel Experience
- Android 10 based Arrow OS
- Android Pie based Android One Port (ported from Mi A2)
- Android Pie based Resurrection Remix 7
- Android Pie based Oxygen OS Port
- Android Pie based Pixel Experience Extended
- Android Pie based Pixel Experience
MIUI updates rolled out for the Redmi Note 5 Pro so far:
- [Nov 15, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 22.214.171.124.PEIMIXM with November security patch to select users. The update weighs about 544 MBs in size. [Download Link]
- [Nov 11, 2019]: Xiaomi has suspended the MIUI 126.96.36.199 rollout.
- [Oct 30, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 11 Stable 188.8.131.52.PEIMIXM with October Android security patch to select users. The update weighs around 622MB in size and brings new features such as New Minimalistic Design, Quick Replies, New Dynamic Sound Effects, Redesigned Settings Menu, Mi Share, Floating Calculator, Updated Mi File Manager, Digital Wellbeing and more to the devices, check out this post to learn more about MIUI 11 features.
- [Aug 15, 2019]: Xiaomi starts rolling out MIUI 10.3.2.0.PEIMIXM with August security patch. The update weighs around 505 MBs in size and brings new left and center alignment options for lock screen clock along with minor bug fixes. [Download Link]
- [May 31, 2019]: Xiaomi starts rolling out Android 9.0 (Pie) based MIUI Global Stable 10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM with May security patch. The update weighs around 1.6 GBs in size and brings system-wide dark mode along with new charging animation. [Download Link]
- [May 13, 2019]: Xiaomi starts rolling out MIUI 10.3.1.0 update with April security patch. This 341MB update includes several fixes and also brings face unlock support for App lock. [Download Link]
- [Mar 29, 2019]: Xiaomi starts rolling out Android 9.0 (Pie) based MIUI Global Beta 9.3.28 with April security patch. The update also brought system-wide dark mode and Game Turbo to the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- [Feb 20, 2019]: Xiaomi announced Android 9.0 (Pie) based MIUI Global Beta testing for the devices including Redmi Note 5 Pro, the smartphone is confirmed to get Android Pie update in Q2 2019.
- [Sep 14, 2018]: Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 10.0.1.0.OEIMIFH with September security patch, the MIUI 10 update brought major changes like Full-screen gestures, Redesigned Notification Panel, Redesigned Volume Sliders, Improved multitasking management, natural sound system, and a lot more, for more details on MIUI 10 refer to this post.
- [July 11, 2018]: Xiaomi introduced anti-rollback for multiple devices running Android 8.1 (Oreo) including Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- [June 28, 2018]: Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 9.5 .14.0.OEIMIFA with May security patch, the update brought Android 8.1 (Oreo) to the device along with Dual 4G VoLTE, New Notifications Shade, Full-Screen Gestures and updated Mi Video with online content integration.
- [Jun 11, 2018]: Xiaomi announced MIUI 10 Global Beta testing for various smartphones including Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- [May 24, 2018]: Xiaomi released Android 8.1 (Oreo) based Kernel Sources for the device.
- [Mar 9, 2018]: Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 184.108.40.206.NEIMIEK with February security patch to Redmi Note 5 Pro, the update also fixed the low headset volume issue.
- [Feb 24, 2018]: Xiaomi announced MIUI Beta testing for devices including Redmi Note 5 Pro; also, a company spokesperson confirmed that Redmi Note 5 Pro will get Android 8.1 (Oreo).
- [Feb 22, 2018]: Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 220.127.116.11.NEIMIEK which brought face unlock and significant camera improvements to the device.