Along with the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone, as rumored. It has the same 5.99-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass screen and runs Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9.2 on top, but this is powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC with up to 6GB RAM, has a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor, dual-tone LED flash, same as the Redmi Note 5, but this also comes with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture the depth information for background blur.
It also has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash and offer A.I based portrait selfies and will come with Face unlock that will be available via OTA update by the end of March. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 4000mAh battery, same as the Redmi Note 5.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 83% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.6×75.4×8.05mm; Weight: 181g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 13999 for the 4GB RAM version and the 6GB RAM version costs Rs. 16,999. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd. It also comes with Rs. 2200 cashback offer and 100% additional 4G data for Reliance Jio customers. Check out the first impressions here.