After announcing 3.2 crore concurrent viewership during Tata IPL 2023 finals, JioCinema today announced that TATA IPL 2023 became the most watched digital event globally as it saw 12 Crore unique viewers tuning-in to watch the finals.
- JioCinema’s record-breaking customer engagement in TATA IPL came with unique differentiators like 17 simultaneous feeds across 12 languages including 4K, with multi-cam views.
- TATA IPL 2023 on JioCinema saw increase in the average time spent of more than 60 minutes per viewer per match.
- JioCinema registered over 2.5 crore downloads, a record for the most installed app in a single day.
- JioCinema set a new World Record as 3.21 Crore peak concurrency.
- JioCinema registered over 1700 Crore video views through the 16th edition.
- JioCinema delivered high audience engagement through simultaneous social engagement through Jeeto Dhan Dhana Dhan.
- JioCinema’s TATA IPL Fan Parks across 30 cities made out-of-home sports viewing omnipresent, for the first time on digital.
- JioCinema’s unrivalled customer engagement has been matched by extraordinary participation with 26 sponsors and more than 800 advertisers.
- Recorded the highest-ever number of advertisers on TATA IPL with JioCinema having more than 13 times the number of advertisers on broadcast TV.
- Reach during the TATA IPL doubled that of HD TV within the first five weeks of the season.
- JioCinema had over 40 advertisers on Connected TV exclusively including international brands, financial services, e-commerce, autos, B2C, B2B brands.
Commenting on the milestone, Viacom18 Sports CEO Anil Jayaraj, said:
Record-breaking scale on JioCinema combined with targeting, the flexibility of cost, measurement, interactivity, reach, and integration offered significant advantages to its sponsors and advertisers. The remarkable engagement and participation on digital marks an inflection point in the industry where both viewers and advertisers have made their preference clear, making it a turning point for the way viewership as well AdEx is deployed going forward.