Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Smart Fire TV 32, the company’s first Smart TV running Fire TV OS in India, as it had promised. Powered by Amazon Fire OS, it comes with an Alexa voice-enabled remote that allows consumers to easily switch channels, launch apps, search for titles, play music, and control smart home devices with their voice.
The TV has a 32-inch HD-Ready display, powered by Vivid Picture Engine technology and has 20W speakers, Dolby Audio, DTS-HD and DTS: Virtual X technology.
It features Amazon’s Fire OS 7, lets consumers enjoy a world of entertainment with over 12,000 apps from the Fire TV app store including Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, SonyLiv, YouTube and more.
Consumers can stream Amazon miniTV, and 70+ live channels such as Aaj Tak, Zee News, India Today, DD National and more for free with Zee5, nexGTV, Kids First and others, said the company.
Redmi Smart Fire TV 32″ specifications
- 32-inch (1366×768 pixels) HD-Ready display with 178-degree viewing angle, Vivid Picture Engine, Auto Low Latency Mode, 6.5ms response time, 96.9% screen-to-body ratio
- 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A35 processor with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage
- Fire OS 7
- Redmi Voice Remote with Alexa with buttons for TV Guide, Play Back controls, Channel up/down, mute and shortcut to Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Amazon Prime Music
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), AirPlay, Miracast, Bluetooth 5.0, 2 x HDMI 2.1 (1 contain ARC), 2 x USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack, Ethernet, Antenna
- Supports AV1, H.265, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4
- 2 x 10W speakers, Dolby Audio, DTS-HD, DTS Virtual:X
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Smart Fire TV 32″ is priced at 13,999, but it will be available at an introductory price of Rs. 11,999, that includes an additional offer of Rs. 1,000 on Mi.com and Amazon.in for a limited time. Sale begins March 21st.
Commenting on the launch, Sudeep Sahu, Deputy Head of Product at Xiaomi India, said:
Keeping true to our promise of “Innovation for Everyone”, we at Xiaomi India are consistently aiming to reinvent consumers’ Smart TV viewing experience. Through this collaboration with Amazon, we are excited to bring together the legacy and trust of the two powerhouses to our consumers. With its best-in-class display, sound performance, and Fire TV built-in, Redmi Smart Fire TV will surely elevate the consumer’s viewing experience.
With this addition to our portfolio, we hope to build the momentum of providing our consumers with the best hardware and software to provide high-quality, innovative and affordable smart TV experiences, with the power of choice at their fingertips.
Anish Unnikrishnan, General Manager – Fire TV & Kindle, Amazon India, said:
The Redmi Smart Fire TV offers a superior viewing experience that can be voice-controlled with Alexa to take the home entertainment experience several notches higher. We are excited to join forces with Xiaomi on this new journey and look forward to bringing new viewing experiences to Indian viewers. Whether it is live cricket matches, movies on demand, TV shows, or live news channels, customers can access their favourite content seamlessly. I can’t wait for them to enjoy the best of audio and video specs from Xiaomi combined with the vast selection of content enabled by Fire TV in their homes.