realme launched the realme 5 Pro smartphone in India last month running ColorOS 6.0 realme edition on top of Android 9.0 (Pie), it was recently introduced as realme Q in China. realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out update frequently.
This post will help our readers in keeping track of ColorOS updates for realme 5 Pro, also check out our realme 5 Pro content,
ColorOS updates rolled out for the realme 5 Pro so far,
- [Nov 19, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1971EX_11_A.13 with November 2019 security patch. The update brings Nightscape mode to front camera along with multiple optimizations. [Download Link]
- [Oct 23, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1971EX_11_A.11 update with October 2019 security patch. The update weighs 293MB, brings video recording through Wide-angle lens and Dark mode features to the device along with minor bug fixes. [Download Link]
- [Oct 18, 2019]: realme releases Android Pie based kernel source codes for realme 5 Pro and users can now unlock the bootloader.
- [Sep 17, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1971EX_11_A.09 update with Aug 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 341MB in size and brings an improved sharpness in the rear main camera along with improved system stability.
- [Sep 13, 2019]: realme 5 Pro will be upgraded to Android 10 in Q1 2020, confirms realme.
- [Aug 26, 2019]: realme CEO, Madhav Sheth confirms that bootloader unlocking for realme 5 Pro will be available soon.
The Realme 5 Pro comes in Sparkling Blue and Crystal Green colors, is priced at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 14,999 and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 16,999. It can be purchased on Flipkart and realme.com
● Android security patch: November, 2019
● Added nightscape of front camera
● Optimize the noise in dark environments
● Optimized camera quality reddish issue
● Optimized camera clarity
● Optimized frame dropping of Arena of Valor
● Optimized the power consumption of partial video scenes
Known issue fixed
● Fixed carrier network issues in partial areas
● Fixed the full-screen display notch area shows the prompt information error issue