Xiaomi launched the Redmi K20 Pro smartphone in India on July 17th running MIUI 10.3 Global Stable on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). The smartphone has already started receiving Android 10 based MIUI 12 update in various regions including India.
MIUI 12 brings all-new design and animations along with new features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode and more to the devices, check out this post to learn more about MIUI 12 features.
Xiaomi doesn’t follow any fixed update frequency for the MIUI Global Stable ROM but on an average, the Global Stable ROM is updated once in 30-45 days. This post will help our readers in keeping track of MIUI updates for Redmi K20 Pro (codename ‘raphael’), also check out our Redmi K20 Pro content,
- Redmi K20 Pro Unboxing and First Impressions
- Redmi K20 Pro Carbon Black Photo Gallery
- Redmi K20 Pro Benchmarks and Gaming Review
- Redmi K20 Pro Review
MIUI Updates rolled out for the smartphone:
- [Jul 15, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 18.104.22.168.RFKINXM update based on Android 11 widely. If you have not got it yet, you can get the download link below and flash it manually.
- [Jul 9, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 22.214.171.124.RFKINXM update based on Android 11 for pilot tests in India. The update weighs 2.3GB in size and still has June Android security patch. [Download Link]
System New: Response to gestures is now instant. New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen. New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade. Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable. Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security. Stable MIUI based on Android 11 Notes New: Compose mind maps with complex structures. New: New tools for doodling and sketching. New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically. All-new Notes. New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere. New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps. New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level. Status bar, Notification shade Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases Fix: Floating notifications weren't displayed correctly in landscape mode Fix: Notification badges weren't updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
- [Jun 30, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 126.96.36.199.QFKINXM with June Android security patch for pilot testers. The update weighs 103MB in size. [Download Link]
- [Jun 18, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 11 based MIUI 188.8.131.52.RFKMIXM update for Mi 9T Pro global Pilot testers, so we can expect Redmi K20 Pro to receive the same update in India soon.
- [Mar 31, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 184.108.40.206.QFKINXM with March Android security patch. The update weighs 186MB in size. [Download Link]
- [Dec 25, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 220.127.116.11.QFKINXM with December Android security patch and an option to control Mi Home devices from the control centre. The update weighs just 481MB in size. [Download Link]
- [Sep 21, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 18.104.22.168.QFKINXM with September Android security patch. The update weighs just 408MB in size. Users can now uninstall Mi Browser, and Mi Video app which were recently banned by the Indian Government. [Download Link]
- [Jul 18, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 22.214.171.124.QFKINXM with June Android security patch. The update weighs 241 MB in size. [Download Link]
- [Jul 2, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12 Stable update in India which is 2.3GB in size and for those who were already testing MIUI 12 it is 478MB. The update comes as MIUI 126.96.36.199.QFKINXM includes Android security patch for June 2020. [Download Link]
- [Jun 1, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 188.8.131.52.QFKINXM with May Android security patch. The update weighs 2.3GBs in size. [Download Link]
- [Mar 11, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 184.108.40.206.QFKINXM update with February Android security patch. The update is 631MB in size and includes new Vlog video mode. [Download Link]
- [Dec 19, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 220.127.116.11.QFKINXM update with November Android security patch. The update is 520MB in size and includes several fixes in Lockscreen and notification shade, Clock and fixes image overlapping in scrolling screenshots. [Download Link/ OTA from 18.104.22.168]
- [Nov 4, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 10 based MIUI 11 Stable 22.214.171.124.QFKINXM with October Android security patch for selected users. The update weighs around 2.2GB in size and brings MIUI 11 features such as New Minimalistic Design, Quick Replies, New Dynamic Sound Effects, Mi Share, Floating Calculator, Update Mi File Manager, Steps Trackers and more to Redmi K20 Pro, check out this post to learn more about MIUI 11 features. [Download Link]
- [Sep 23, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 10.4.8.0.QFKINXM with Android 10 and updated September 2019 security patch. The update is around 2.2GB in size and brings fixes for full-screen gestures and optimization for close rate in 32-bit apps. The fingerprint is much faster and this also brings Digital Wellbeing and New Ambient Display presets. Check all the new features here. [Download Link]
- [Aug 23, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 10.3.5.0.PFKINXM with updated July 2019 security patch. The update is around 446 MB in size and brings fixes for noise in low volume, Google Contacts Lock, Game booster fixes and Mi Cloud optimization [Download Link]
- [July 18, 2019]: Xiaomi starts rolling out MIUI 10.3.3.0.PFKINXM with updated June 2019 security patch. The update is around 498 MB in size and brings Game Booster 2.0 to the device along with minor bug fixes.
- [June 13, 2019]: Xiaomi releases Android Pie based kernel source codes for the Redmi K20 Pro.
Note that Xiaomi follows staged roll-out, so the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader roll-out usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.