Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched the Redmi K20 Pro, the latest flagship Redmi smartphone, as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 91.9% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to narrow 1.85mm side bezel, which the company calls Horizon AMOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, 8 layers of graphite 3D sheet for a better heat dissipation, Game Turbo 2.0 and runs Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top. It has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 8-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom and a 13-megapixel 124.8° ultra-wide lens.
The K20 Pro has a 20-megapixel pop-up front camera, which the company says has been tested 300,000 times, and it has auto drop protection and a sapphire glass protection. The phone features a seventh-generation optical in-display fingerprint sensor with 3P lens that is equivalent to a 7.2μm macro camera, which is 100% higher than the previous generation’s photosensitive area, and the finger area is also increased by 15%, which can capture the fingerprint optical signal better.
The phone features Aura Prime 3D curved back design, and the back has a flame pattern in blue and red, while there is a unique kevlar gradient texture in the black version. There is also a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 27W fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 58% in half an hour, but it comes bundled with an 18W charger in the box.
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with DCI-P3 color gamut, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, Laser AF, EIS, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Qualcomm WCD9340 Hi-Fi DAC
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh(typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W SonicCharge fast charging
The Redmi K20 Pro comes in Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Fiber Black colors, is priced at Rs. 27,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 30,999. It will be available from Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores from July 22nd. It also comes with a hard case in the box. Check out the first impressions of the phone here.