realme launched realme 5i in India running ColorOS 6.1 on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). To recall, realme 5i features a sunrise design that offers a good grip and doesn’t attract fingerprint. All the specifications are identical to the realme 5, except the 8MP front camera compared to 13MP camera in the realme 5 and 5s.
realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out updates frequently. This post will help our readers in keeping track of realme UI updates for realme 5i (RMX2030), also check out our realme 5i content,
Updates rolled out for the realme 5i so far,
- [Mar 29, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.18 update with March Android security patch. The update brings several camera optimizations and improvements along with fix for inaccurate automatic brightness bug. [Download Link]
- [Feb 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.16 update with February security patch. The update brings Airtel and Jio VoWiFi to the device along with camera improvements. [Download Link]
- [Jan 23, 2020]: realme 5i will be upgraded to Android 10 based realme UI in May 2020, confirms realme.
- [Jan 15, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.14 update with December security patch. The update brings camera improvement along with headphone related minor bug fix. [Download Link]
Note that realme follows staged rollout and the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader rollout usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
● Android security patch: March, 2020
● Optimized rear color of Chroma Boost
● Improved brightness of front video call while using third-party applications
● Optimized color performance of front camera while using third-party
● Optimized clarity of front camera while night environment
● Fixed the low probability issue of inaccurate automatic brightness adjustment under the sunlight