realme launched the realme 5 smartphone in India running ColorOS 6.0 realme edition on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). The company recently launched the realme 5s, an enhanced version of the realme 5 with 48 MP primary camera in India. realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out updates frequently.
This post will help our readers in keeping track of ColorOS updates for realme 5 and realme 5s, also check out our content,
- realme 5 Unboxing and First Impressions
- realme 5 review: sub-10k king?
- realme 5s Unboxing and First Impressions
- realme 5s review – Worthy update to realme 5?
ColorOS updates rolled out for the realme 5 so far,
- [Feb 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.25 update with February security patch. The update brings Airtel and Jio VoWiFi and brings fix for the issues that caused Camera app crash in some scenes. [Download Link]
- [Jan 1, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.23 update with December security patch. The update brings multiple bug fixes to improve system stability. [Download Link]
- [Dec 2, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.20 update with November security patch. The update adds a dark mode quick switch toggle in the notification panel and brings multiple bug fixes. [Download Link]
- [Nov 25, 2019]: realme 5 and 5s will be upgraded to Android 10 based realme UI in May 2020, confirms realme.
- [Nov 11, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.18 update with October 2019 security patch. This also brings system-wide Dark mode, wide-angle video recording and more. [Download Link]
- [Oct 18, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.15 update with September 2019 security patch. The is a small incremental OTA update that improves video call quality along with system stability. [Download Link]
- [Oct 18, 2019]: realme releases Android Pie based kernel source codes for realme 5, and users can now unlock the bootloader.
- [Sep 30, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.14 update with September 2019 security patch. The OTA update weighs around 375 MBs in size and brings camera enhancements along with system optimizations. [Download Link]
- [Sep 13, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.13 update with August 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 751 MBs in size and brings Digital Wellbeing and camera enhancements including improved clarity in HDR mode, improved the clarity and preview effect in portrait mode in night scene along with improved system stability. [Download Link]
- [Sep 13, 2019]: realme 5 will be upgraded to Android 10 in Q2 2020, confirms realme.
- [Sep 06, 2019]: realme starts rolling out RMX1911EX_11_A.12 update with August 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 325 MBs in size and brings camera enhancements including improved portrait mode effect and rear camera resolution along with improved system stability. The update also improves WhatsApp and messenger video call performance.
- [Aug 26, 2019]: realme CEO, Madhav Sheth confirms that bootloader unlocking for realme 5 will be available soon.
Note that realme follows staged rollout and the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader rollout usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
●Android security patch: February, 2020
●Fixed camera crash issue in some scenes, and improved system stability
● Added Airtel and Jio VoWiFi feature