Xiaomi launched the Mi 10i in India back in January running MIUI 12 Global Stable on top of Android 10. The smartphone is a rebranded version of Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G which was launched in November 2020 in China. The Mi 10i also shares a lot in common with Mi 10T Lite, which made its global debut back in September 2020.
MIUI 12 brings with it an all-new design and animations along with features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode, and more to the devices, check out this post to learn more about MIUI 12 features.
This post will help our readers in keeping track of MIUI updates for Mi 10i (codename ‘gauguin’), also check out our Mi 10i content,
Note that Xiaomi follows staged roll-out, so the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader roll-out usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
Mi 10i MIUI Updates so far:
- [Jul 7, 2021]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12.5 update pilot testers in India. This comes as MIUI 220.127.116.11.RJSINXM, weighs 919MB in size, and brings June Android security patch to the device, but it is still the interim version, so several options are missing and will be added in an update later. [Download]
System New: Response to gestures is now instant. New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade. Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security. Notes New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level. New: Compose mind maps with complex structures. New: New tools for doodling and sketching. New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically. New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere. New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps. All-new Notes. Xiaomi Cloud New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off Status bar, Notification shade Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases Fix: Floating notifications weren't displayed correctly in landscape mode Fix: Notification badges weren't updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
- [May 18, 2021]: Xiaomi has resumed Android 11 update after the previous update was pulled. The new update comes as MIUI 18.104.22.168.RJSINXM, weighs 2.5GB in size, and brings March and April Android security patch to the device those who didn’t get the old update. [Download Link]
- [Apr 2, 2021]: Xiaomi has released Android 11 based MIUI 12 update widely. The update comes as MIUI 22.214.171.124.RJSINXM, weighs around 2.5GB in size, and brings March Android security patch to the device. [Download Link]
- [Mar 31, 2021]: Xiaomi has released Android 11 based MIUI 12 update for Pilot testers in India. The update comes as MIUI 126.96.36.199.RJSINXM, weighs around 2.5GB in size, and brings March Android security patch to the device. Readers must note that flashing this version via recovery ROM may not work, since it is released for pilot testers. [Download Link]
- [Feb 20, 2021]: Xiaomi has released MIUI 188.8.131.52.QJSINXM update with February Android security patch. The update weighs 268MBs in size. [Download Link]
- [Jan 11, 2021]: Xiaomi has released Android 11 based MIUI China Beta 21.1.8 ROM for the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G in China, so there are chances that Mi 10i might get the update in the next few months.