realme launched the realme 2 Pro smartphone in India running ColorOS 5.2 on top of Android 8.1 (Oreo) and updated it to Android 9.0 (Pie) based ColorOS 6 back in June 2019. The device has started receiving Android 10 based realme UI 1.0.
realme UI brings new features such as dual earphone connection, animated wallpapers, screen-off display, customizable icon shape, new charging animation, realme Share (cross-brand file-sharing technology) and more. Check out this post to learn about new features that realme UI brings to realme 2 Pro.
realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out updates frequently. This post will help our readers in keeping track of realme UI updates for realme 2 Pro.
Updates rolled out for the realme 2 Pro so far,
- [Jul 1, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_F.08 with June Android security patch. The update weighs 2.95 GBs in size for the users running Android 9.0 based ColorOS, and 203 MBs for users running F.07 version. You can refer to this post to get it instantly on your device if you haven’t received update on your device yet.
- [Jun 24, 2020]: realme has announced Android 10-based realme UI stable roll out for the phone. The company says that it is upgrading its servers so users might see “No network connection” error, which should be fixed in a couple of days.
- [Jun 22, 2020]: realme has started rolling out Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 Stable update to realme 2 Pro users in India. The update comes RMX1801EX_11_F.07 and weighs over 2 GBs in size for the users running Android 9.0 based ColorOS.
- [May 22, 2020]: realme has started rolling out Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 with version RMX1801EX_11_F.06 to realme 2 Pro users as a part of realme UI early access program.
- [May 20, 2020]: realme has announced Android 10 based realme UI early access ahead of stable roll out in June. Users can apply for the early access version in the Software Update interface from Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon on the top right corner → Trial version → Submit details and Apply now. This is a phased rollout. You can submit the feedback in the form here.
- [May 15, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.31 with May Android security patch. The update weighs 347 MBs in size and brings status bar optimizations. [Download Link]
- [Mar 27, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.29 with March Android security patch. The update brings fix for the notification sound related issue. [Download Link]
- [Mar 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.28 with March Android security patch. Fixed the issue that the notification sound always exists after other devices are connected to personal hotspot [Download Link]
- [Mar 17, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.27 with March Android security patch. The update weighs 660 MBs in size and brings swipe gestures along with VoWiFi for Airtel and Jio.
- [Jan 8, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.26 update with latest January 2020 Android security patch. The update weighs around 643 MBs in size and brings a dark mode quick switch toggle in the notification panel along with the flash on call feature.
- [Nov 25, 2019]: realme 2 Pro will be upgraded to Android 10 based realme UI in June 2020, confirms realme.
- [Nov 13, 2019]: realme has started rolling out RMX1801EX_11_C.25 with the November Android security patch. The update brings system-wide dark mode, redesigned notification center and, realme laboratory to the device. [Download Link]
- [Jun 21, 2019]: realme has started rolling out Android 9.0 based RMX1801EX_11_A.21 with May Android security patch. The update weighs 2.71 GBs in size and brings several features such as Chroma Boost Mode and Camera2 API support to the device.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working
• Added whole new charging animation
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation
• Added pause feature for screen recording
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer
• Optimized system built-in ringtones
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space
• Added new live wallpapers
• Added artistic wallpapers
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window
• Added the trim feature in Recordings
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history
• Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab