Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi 2 Prime, the company’s latest budget smartphone that is Made in India. This smartphone is manufactured at Xiaomi and Foxconn facility in Andhra Pradesh. This is the enhanced version of the Redmi 2 that was launched in the country earlier this year. It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Other specifications are similar, including a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 and 4G LTE with support for TD-LTE 2300MHz (Band 40) and FDD-LTE 1800MHz (Band 3) for India.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime comes in white and dark grey colors, is priced at Rs. 6,999 and will be available on Mi.com and across all Mi India partners including Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal starting from today.
Srivatsan contributed to the report