The BlackBerry 9520 aka Storm2 has been tested on various parameters and we have told you what we think of the device. Now in this last part of the review, we try to wrap up all the loose ends and give you our final verdict on the Storm2. Let’s start by looking at the BlackBerry Messenger, a feature unique to the BlackBerry devices. The BBM as it is referred to be a unique chat feature built into the BlackBerry, there is no need to elaborate how it works so I’ll skip that bit. Though I will tell you in brief what is does allow you to do. You can chat, share pictures and other things for free with another BlackBerry user or a group, even a voice IM can be sent. Continue reading “BlackBerry Storm2 Review Part 3: BlackBerry Messenger, Music, Camera and Accessories”
With the first part of the review we looked at how the Storm2 looked and felt. This time we are going in a bit deeper with the OS, mail and the online experience.
At FoneArena’s Mumbai office, we have had a chance to play with the BlackBerry Storm2 and put it through its paces. We break down our analysis in parts, the first being – Design.
We unbox the Blackberry Storm2 – the latest touchscreen Blackberry from Research in Motion which was launched recently in India . The main highlights of the BB Storm2 over the previous Storm are addition of much wanted WiFi and a improved SurePress Screen. Watch the Storm 2 unboxed by Aditya . We should be reviewing the phone in-detail over the coming days .
The Wi-Fi enabled Blackberry Storm2 has just landed on the Blackberry India website Continue reading “Blackberry Storm2 Lands in India”
Vodafone and Research in Motion(RIM) have officially announced the BlackBerry Storm2, a touchscreen smartphone device. The BlackBerry Storm2 is a thinner and sleeker device with new technology and new features to let customers stay easily connected. Customers in the UK will be able to get the new smartphone first through Vodafone. It is also expected to be offered in Ireland, followed by Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy and South Africa in November or December.
Storm2 Basic Features:
- 3.25-inch 360 x 480 resolution
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera
- Video recording
- 1400mAh battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks and 280 hours of standby time
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- 2GB of internal memory
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- dedicated volume controls
- Bluetooth (2.1) and Wi-FI 802.11 b/g
- High speed 3G
- microSD card slot
- Inertial Scrolling w/Snap Back
- BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0
- Enhanced SMS UI – notifications, emoticons, threaded chats
- Updated spin boxes
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- RIM’s Storm2 features improved SurePress technology, which gives a tactile response when pressing on the phone’s capacitive touchscreen(INFO) display. The technology responds equally to pressure placed on the screen. Typing-speed response has also been enhanced. It allows the user to type a letter with one thumb even while their other thumb may still be touching or resting on another letter, enabling faster typing and multi-key actions such as Shift or Alt -key combinations.
- Users can enjoy their music with standard headphones that utilize a 3.5mm stereo headset jack or Bluetooth for use with stereo headphones after synchronizing the music to the device from iTunes using BlackBerry Media Sync,.
- More responsive experience and includes usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons and more use of animation.
- Manage Microsoft Exchange email folders (Add, Rename, Move, Delete) on the handset. Allows users to access remote files shares (Windows Shares), Save, View, Edit, and Email documents from remote file shares, Forward appointments and view calendar attachments on the handset.
- Features a proximity sensor that powers down the display when the phone is next to your ear on a call. As soon as you pull the phone away from your ear the screen powers on and you can enable calling feature.
Pricing is said to depend on each country’s operating company. Vodafone UK will be offering the BlackBerry Storm2 free from £35 per month on a 24-month contract that includes 600 minutes talk-time, unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service, unlimited text messaging, as well as unlimited access to VMI (Vodafone Mobile Internet) and broadband.
In one of the recent post, Varun mentioned about Blackberry Storm 2 and all its new features. After reading it out, many blackberry lovers described their willingness to know more about this phone. Continue reading “Will the Blackberry Storm 2 Launch by this month end?”
We were all cursing RIM for Blackberry Storm not having Wi-Fi
We pay so much for a hi-end touchscreen smart phone and no Wi-fi ?
Who cares if it can even control a Formula 1 Car
Now folks at Crackberry have posted some highly credible pictures of the BB Storm 2