Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is now on sale exclusively from online retailer Infibeam in India. It was announced earlier this year and packs a 4.3-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen display similar to the Galaxy S2, but it is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Broadcom BCM28155 processor instead of dual-core Exynos chip in the Galaxy S2. It runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) out of the box and has a 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash, zero shutter lag and a 2MP HD front-facing camera.
It has Samsung’s unique features such as S Voice, Popup Video, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Smart Alert and AllShare Play. It has optional NFC support, but the Indian version doesn’t have NFC support.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus specifications
- 4.3-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Broadcom BCM28155 processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 8.5mm thick and weighs 122 g grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v 3.0, GPS/GLONASS
- 1650 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is priced at Rs. 22,900 and is available from Infibeam.