Samsung has announced the Galaxy S2 Plus. It has a 4.3-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen display and is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor. It runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash, zero-lag shutter and a 2MP HD front-facing camera. It also comes with Samsung’s unique features such as S Voice, Popup Video, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Smart Alert and AllShare Play. It would also come with optional NFC support.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus specifications
- 4.3-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 8.9 mm thick (for NFC version), 8.5mm thick (for non-NFC version) and weighs 122 g grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v 3.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC (optional)
- 1650 mAh battery
This doesn’t seem like a great upgrade from the Galaxy S2. No details about availability and pricing yet.