vivo has started teasing the launch of V29 series smartphones, the company’s next phones in the V series in India, after the V29 was introduced over a month back.
Even though the teaser just says coming soon, the company has mentioned “Stay Tuned till We Meet on October 4” confirming the launch date of the phone in India.
The teaser highlights the phone’s curved screen, Aura Light and the rear design, and says that this is the first phone to use 3D Particle Technology in India.
vivo has also confirmed Himalayan Blue, Majestic Red and Space Black colours for the phone. The Color Changing Glass is available on the Majestic Red edition, and the 3D Particle Technology is available only in Himalayan Blue colour.
vivo V29 5G specifications
- 6.78-inch (2800×1260 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 13 with Funtouch OS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP camera, Aura light
- 50MP autofocus front camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual soft LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Dust and water resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions:164.18×74.37×7.46mm; Weight:186g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2,GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh (typ) battery with 80W fast charging
The vivo V29 was launched in Malaysia earlier today, starting at RM 1,899 (USD 405 / Rs. 33,580 approx.), so we can expect it to launch in India in the similar range. We should know more details in the coming weeks.
vivo V29 Pro
vivo has also confirmed that the V29 Pro will use the first-ever 2x pro portrait camera with 12MP Sony IMX663 sensor for portraits with flawless edge detection & stunning background bokeh. The V29 Pro will weigh 188g, confirmed the company.
Since the vivo S17 was launched as V29 for the global markets, the S17 Pro should launch as V29 Pro. These share similar display, design, front camera and the battery, but the Pro model is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, features a 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766V sensor and 12MP 2x telephoto portrait camera.