The vivo S17 series feature a 6.78-inch FHD+ 120Hz 60° curved AMOLED display with 2160Hz high frequency PWM dimming, feature a 50MP autofocus front camera with dual soft LED flash, 0.8x and 2x zoom option, and pack a 4600mAh battery with support for 80W fast charging.
The S17 Pro is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC and has a 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766V sensor, OIS. The S17 has a Snapdragon 778G+ SoC and has a 50MP rear camera with OIS. These pack an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and the Pro model also comes with a 12MP 2x telephoto portrait camera.
The Mountain and Sea Green color variants uses the industry’s first “particle ink” technology to ingeniously combine classical painting with modern technology, and vividly interpret new oriental aesthetics.
15 million star-like particles flow on the back of the phone in one go, presenting a three-dimensional dynamic beauty full of vitality. At the same time, it also carries the beautiful expectations of young people to grow up wantonly and go to the mountains and seas, said the company. These also come with a ring LED, which it calls Aura light.
The diameter of the soft light ring has increased by more than 20%, and the size is almost a small ring, which is 9 times the light-emitting area of ordinary mobile phone flashes, said vivo. The S17t has a Dimensity 8050 SoC, but share similar specs as the S17.
vivo S17, S17 Pro and S17t specifications
- 6.78-inch (2800×1260 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- S17 Pro – Up to 3.1GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 8200 4nm processor with Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- S17 – Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X (S17 and S17t) / LPDDR5 (S17 Pro) RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- S17t – Octa Core (1 x Cortex-A78 up to 3GHz + 3x Cortex-A78 up to 2.6GHz + 4x Cortex-A55 up to 2GHz) MediaTek Dimensity 8050 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- Android 13 with OriginOS 3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- S17 Pro – 50MP camera with IMX766V sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP 2x telephoto portrait camera with f/1.98 aperture
- S17 and S17t – 50MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 50MP autofocus front camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual soft LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions:164.18×74.37×7.46mm; Weight:186g (S17) / 188g (S17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 (S17) / 5.3 (S17 Pro),GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh (typ) battery with 80W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo S17 and S17 Pro come in Mountain sea green and black colours. The S17 also comes in Pink and the S17 Pro also comes in Ice White colour. Pricing as follows.
- vivo S17 8GB + 256GB – 2499 yuan (US$ 351 / Rs. 29,060 approx.)
- vivo S17 12GB + 256GB – 2799 yuan (US$ 393 / Rs. 32,550 approx.)
- vivo S17t 12GB + 512GB – 2999 yuan (US$ 421 / Rs. 34,880 approx.)
- vivo S17 Pro 8GB + 256GB – 3099 yuan (US$ 435 / Rs. 36,040 approx.)
- vivo S17 Pro 12GB + 256GB – 3299 yuan (US$ 463 / Rs. 38,365 approx.)
- vivo S17t Pro 12GB + 512GB – 3499 yuan (US$ 492 / Rs. 40,690 approx.)
The phones are available to order and will go on sale in China from June 8th. These are not expected to launch globally, but we can expect vivo to adopt features from these phones in the vivo V29 series, which is expected in June.