Black Shark just announced the Black Shark 4 and Black Shark 4 Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. The Black Shark 4 series feature a 6.67-inch FHD+ display E4 AMOLED screen with 144Hz refresh rate and multi-finger touch sampling rate of 720Hz, and 8.3ms multi-finger touch response time delay. These have new generation fully symmetrical dual zone screen pressure sensitivity and new magnetic power lifting shoulder button, which the company says has been tested up to 1 million times.
These have X antenna intelligent switching system, so the network signal is not affected, and the network signal strength and stability are maximized and the Wi-Fi6, multi-core CPU data packet acceleration, dual card dual Wi-Fi multi-network intelligent switching, Tencent mobile game accelerator, promise best network performance.
The Black Shark 4 is powered by Snapdragon 870 and the Pro version is powered by Snapdragon 888 with up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM. Both support for 5G SA/NSA. These have X shaped rear panel with the brand logo hidden under the AG glass back panel. These have symmetrical dual speakers and the Pro model has 1226 linear speakers and seven-magnetic sounding units, and has a 1.5CC super-large sound cavity, and the 3.5mm headphone jack is also retained.
The Black Shark 4 has UFS 3.1 and the Pro model has a customized SSD storage which the company says is a combination of two disk array system that increases read and write performance by 55% and 69%, respectively. These still have “sandwich” cooling system composed of liquid cooling plates and liquid cooling tubes. Both the phones pack a 4500mAh battery with support for 120W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 5 minutes and 100% in 15 minutes.
Black Shark 4 and Shark 4 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 144Hz display, HDR 10+, 111% DCI – P3 color gamut, 1300 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- Black Shark 4 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Black Shark 4 Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- Black Shark 4 – 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Black Shark 4 Pro – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array) storage, 12GB / 16GB with 256GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array) storage
- Android 11 with JoyUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (4) / 64MP (4 Pro) rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP super macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1226 super linear 7-magnet speakers (4 Pro)
- Dimensions: 163.83×76.35x 9.9mm; Weight: 210g (4) / 220 (4 Pro)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 120W fast charging, supports QC, PD fast charging
The Black Shark 4 and Shark 4 Pro comes in Black, Gray, Cyan, Blue, and Pink colours.
- Black Shark 4 6GB+128GB – 2499 yuan (383 / Rs. 27,760 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 8GB+128GB – 2699 yuan (414 / Rs. 30,000 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 12GB+128GB – 2999 yuan (460 / Rs. 33,315 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 12GB+256GB – 3299 yuan (506 / Rs. 36,650 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 Pro 8GB+128GB – 3999 yuan (614 / Rs. 44,425 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 Pro 12GB+256GB – 4499 yuan (691 / Rs. 49,980 approx.)
- Black Shark 4 Pro 16GB+512GB – 5299 yuan (813 / Rs. 58,915 approx.)
The company will also sell accessories such as Gaming Headset,
Black Shark Cooling Back Clip 2 Pro, armor thermal protection shell and fluorescent protective shell for the phones separately. These are available to order now and will go on sale from March 26th in China.