Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched the Redmi Note 9 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, is powered MediaTek Helio G85 12nm SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, features 4µm graphite sheet for improved thermal performance and runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top. Redmi claims 21% performance improvements over Redmi Note 8 powered by Snapdragon 665.
It features a 48-megapixel primary rear camera, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel 2cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 13-megapixel camera on the front. It has an Aura Balance design with 3D curved back, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 5020mAh battery with 22.5W fast charger in the box and supports 9W reverse charging.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1), 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1216 Linear speaker, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery, 22.5W in-box charger
The Redmi Note 9 comes in Pebble Grey, Arctic White and Aqua Green colors is priced at Rs. 11,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 13,499 and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 14,999. It will go on sale from Amazon India and Mi.com online as well as Mi Home and Mi Studio offline starting from July 24th.
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, said:
With each Redmi Note, we have taken a step forward to bring innovation for everyone. Redmi Note 8 is the most popular Android smartphone globally, while the entire Redmi Note series has broken multiple records with over 18.5crore+ shipments as per Canalys Estimates, Smartphone Analysis, May 2020. In India, Redmi Note series is a testament to the success of the Make in India program.
Redmi Note 9 brings a fresh perspective to the segment by bringing the performance and gaming focussed MediaTek Helio G85. The 16.5cm (6.53) DotDisplay with Full HD+ resolution brings an immersive experience to the segment. Our focus with Redmi Note 9 is to offer a package that brings HD online gaming experience to the segment. Mi Fans and consumers will definitely appreciate the hardware and software that comes with the Redmi Note 9, and we hope to continue bringing the best to them from the house of Redmi.