Update – 13th July: Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially announced that the Redmi Note 9 smartphone is launching in India on 20th July, 2020 at 12 PM.
Earlier: Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has been expanding its smartphone lineup quickly in India with the recent launching being the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max. Now, Xiaomi is all set to add another smartphone to the series and has started teasing the launch of Redmi Note 9 in India.
Redmi India’s tweet reads “Fasten your seatbelts and get set for an all new BEAST from the #Redmi family. Undisputed speed, undisputed performance- the #UndisputedChampion is coming soon!” and has an image of a championship belt with ‘Redmi Note 9’ written on it, teasing the launch of the Redmi Note 9 in the country. There’s a dedicated landing page on Amazon India as well and while the launch date is not revealed yet, it should be imminent.
In case you missed, the company introduced the Redmi Note 9 for the global markets back in April this year.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (optional) USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging