Update, 9th May 2020 – HONOR has confirmed that the HONOR 9X Pro smartphone is launching in India on May 12th, 2020.
Earlier:HONOR has sent out invites for the launch of AppGallery, which is the company’s own app store. It also says that there will be a preview of HONOR’s upcoming smartphone HONOR 9X Pro, but it doesn’t confirm the launch.
Earlier: HUAWEI’s HONOR brand launched the 9X Pro smartphone for global markets earlier this year and after 3 months, now the company is all set to launch the HONOR 9X Pro smartphone in India. It comes after the launch of HONOR 9X with Kirin 710 SoC in January.
The tweet posted by HONOR India reads “Whatever you are passionate about, get the speed you need with the Kirin 810. #UpforEXtraordinary” and it is indeed the launch of the HONOR 9X Pro as the company accidentally leaked the name in a tweet which is deleted now. While the launch date is not revealed by the company yet, the IANS report suggests that it will be launched on May 12 and will be available on Flipkart.
It is said to be priced between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000 and come pre-loaded with HUAWEI AppGallery instead of Google Play Services and Play Store. We will know more information on this in the coming days.
To recall, the HONOR 9X Pro flaunts a 6.59-inch FHD+ no-notch LCD screen, is powered by Kirin 810 7nm SoC with GPU Turbo 9.0, 6GB RAM, NINE liquid cooling that can bring down the temperature by up to 5°C, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMIUI 9.1, but with HUAWEI Mobile Services (HMS). It has a 48-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, 16-megapixel pop-up front camera, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 4000mAh battery.
HONOR 9X Pro specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1, HMS
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 163.1×77.2×8.8mm; Weight:206g
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery, 10W charging