It has just been two months since Xiaomi launched the Redmi 7A smartphone in India, now the company has announced that it will launch the Redmi 8A smartphone in the country on September 25th on Flipkart. India should be one of the first countries to get the phone. The teaser confirms a notch display, unlike the 18:9 screen on the 7A.
The teaser shows bigger battery with faster charging, immersive viewing experience, Aura wave grip design and smooth multitasking. TENAA revealed 5000mAh battery and the phone might feature 18W fast charging. It also revealed 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 Dot Notch display, 12-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera.
Redmi 8A rumored specifications
- 6.217-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh (typical) battery
We should know more details in the coming days, and the price when the phone is launched next Wednesday.