HMD Global just launched Nokia 7.2, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone, after it was introduced at the IFA earlier this month. It has a 6.3-inch FHD+ Waterdrop PureDisplay that uses Dedicated Pixelworks visual processor to upscale video content to HDR quality in real time, with up to a billion shades of colour, higher contrast and expanded dynamic range. It also comes with high brightness and local contrast enhancement, making it easy to view content even in brighter conditions. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 660 with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), which is upgradable to Android 10.
The phone features a 48-megapixel rear camera with ZEISS Optics, Quad Pixel technology AI features such as Portrait mode with unique ZEISS bokeh styles – ZEISS Modern, ZEISS Swirl and ZEISS Smooth – that recreate the way legendary ZEISS lenses produce high visual impact and signature blur. AI powered Night mode with image fusion and exposure stacking can sense whether hand held or on a tripod, adjusting the number of exposures accordingly. There is an 8-megapixel 118-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 20-megapixel camera on the front with ZEISS Optics and Quad Pixel technology.
The phone is crafted from polymer composite that’s twice as strong as polycarbonate and half the weight of aluminium, and features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and the back. It features rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3500mAh battery.
Nokia 7.2 specifications
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR 10 PureDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 500nit brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 48MP Quad Pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture, ZEISS optics, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor
- 20MP Quad Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Google Assistant button, Notification LED
- Dimensions: 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0
- 3500mAh battery
The Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green and Charcoal colors in India, is priced at Rs.18,599 for the 4GB/64GB variant and Rs. 19,599 for the 6GB/64GB variant. It will be available at top mobile retail outlets in India, on Nokia.com/phones and Flipkart starting 23rd September.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 using HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI and regular transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in retail stores, will receive a 10% cashback. Consumers can also avail 10% cashback when they use HDFC consumer finance in retail stores. This offer is available at retail outlets till 31st October 2019.
- Special Triple Zero offer: Zero down payment, zero processing fee and no interest cost for consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 using Bajaj Finance, IDFC First Bank, HDFC Bank CD loans and HDBFS till 31st October 2019.
- Jio subscribers will get benefits worth Rs. 7,200 on Rs. 198 and 299 plans which include Rs. 2,200 cashback from Jio; Rs. 3,000 vouchers from Cleartrip and Rs. 2,000 off on Zoomcar. Offer applicable for new as well as existing Jio subscribers.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 on Nokia.com/phones will receive Rs. 2,000 gift card. Offer applicable till 31st October 2019.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 from Flipkart will receive extra Rs 2,000 off on exchange till 31st October 2019.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 from Flipkart using HDFC Bank Debit Cards will receive a 5% cashback till 28th September 2019 and those using ICICI Bank credit cards and Axis Bank credit and debit cards during The Big Billion Days Festival will receive a 10% instant discount starting from 29th September 2019 till 4th October 2019.