After the Redmi 8 (M1908C3IC) got certified last month, cheaper Redmi 8A has been certified by TENAA in China with the model number M1908C3KE. This reveals a 6.2-inch HD+ Dot notch display, Octa-Core SoC, up to 4GB RAM, 12-megapixel single rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera, 5000mAh battery and no fingerprint sensor.
The image clearly shows its plastic body, Redmi branding on the front, below the screen and on the back, below the camera, as well as ‘Designed by Xiaomi’ branding.
Redmi 8A (M1908C3KE) rumored specifications
- 6.217-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh (typical) battery
The Redmi 8A is expected to come in Black, Red, Blue, Gray and more colors. It is expected to be announced along with the Redmi 8 sometime later this month.