Xiaomi launched the Redmi K20 smartphone in India on July 17th running MIUI 10.3 Global Stable on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). Xiaomi doesn’t follow any fixed update frequency for the MIUI Global Stable ROM but on an average, the Global Stable ROM is updated once in 30-45 days.
- Redmi K20 Unboxing and First Impressions
- Redmi K20 Benchmarks and Gaming Review
- Redmi K20 Camera Samples
- Redmi K20 Review
This post will help our readers in keeping track of MIUI updates for Redmi K20 (codename ‘davinci’).
MIUI Updates rolled out for the smartphone:
- [Feb 25, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 188.8.131.52.QFJINXM with Android 10 and January 2020 Security after it stopped the MIUI 184.108.40.206 last motnh due to bugs. [Download Link]
- [Jan 3, 2020]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 220.127.116.11.QFJINXM with Android 10 and December 2019 Security patch for select users, and the update version is also different. The update weighs around 2.2GB. [Download Link]
- [Nov 27, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI Global Stable 18.104.22.168.PFJINXM with November Security 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 447MB. [Download Link]
- [Oct 22, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI Global Stable 22.214.171.124.PFJINXM with September Security 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 766 MB in size and brings all MIUI 11 features. Download Link / OTA from 10.3.8.0]
- [August 23, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI Global Stable 10.3.8.0.PFJINXM with updated August 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 312MB in size and brings Mi Cloud bug fixes. [Full Recovery ROM [Download Link]
- [July 19, 2019]: Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI Global Stable 10.3.6.0.PFJINXM with updated June 2019 security patch. The update weighs around 471 MBs in size and brings beautify features to the camera along with minor bug fixes. [Download Link]
- [June 22, 2019]: Xiaomi releases Android Pie based kernel source codes for the Redmi K20.
Note that Xiaomi follows staged roll-out, so the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader roll-out usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
The Redmi K20 comes in Carbon Black, Flame Red and Glacier Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 19,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 23,999.