Specifications of Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 series has surfaced in Korea. This reveals three models —Tab S8, Tab S8+ and Tab S8 Ultra, respectively. All these are said to feature 120 Hz refresh rate screen, and the S8 is said to include an 11-inch LCD screen with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, S8+ with a 12.4-inch Super AMOLED display and the S8 Ultra with a 14.6-inch Super AMOLED screen with up to 92% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to minimal bezels.
The bigger Ultra variant is said to feature 8MP + 5MP dual front cameras and a 12000mAh battery. The spec sheet just mentions that these will come with “fastest next-gen processor”, but these will likely be powered by Snapdragon 888. These should come with S Pen with ultra-low latency, magnetic attachment and Air actions for quick control.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series rumoured specifications
- Tab S8 — 11-inch WQXGA 120Hz LTPS TFT display
- Tab S8+ — 12.4-inch WQXGA+ 120Hz Super AMOLED display
- Tab S8 Ultra — 14.6-inch WQXGA+ 120Hz Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB storage (S8 Ultra only), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with One UI
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP ultra-wide camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, 5MP ultra-wide secondary camera (Tab S8 Ultra only)
- Galaxy S8 — Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Galaxy S8+ and Ultra— In-display fingerprint scanner
- Quad speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- S Pen with Bluetooth
- Tab S8 Thickness: 6.3mm; Weight: 502g
- Tab S8+ Thickness: 5.7mm; Weight:575g
- Tab S8 Ultra Thickness: 5.5mm; Weight: 650g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, USB Type-C
- Tab S8 — 8,000mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
- Tab S8+ — 10,090mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
- Tab S8 Ultra — 12,000mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
This also says that Tab S8, S8+ and S8 Ultra will start at 829,000 (US$ 744 / Rs. 53,880 approx.), 1,149,000 (US$ 1031 / Rs. 74,680 approx.) and 1,469,000 (US$ 1318 / Rs. 95,475 approx.) Korean Won, respectively for the Wi-Fi model and will also come in LTE and 5G models. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series is expected to be introduced sometime in August.