Update: June 15, 2019 – Vivo has confirmed that the phone will be powered by Snapdragon 712 SoC that was first introduced with the Mi 9 SE earlier this year. It will come with a 32-megapixel in-display camera compared to 16-megapixel camera on the Z5x that was introduced in China recently. However it will feature the same 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
After several teasers about its upcoming ‘Z series’ smartphone, Vivo has confirmed that it will launch the Z1 Pro in India on Flipkart soon. The company has teased in-screen camera, Snapdragon 7 series SoC and a huge battery with up to 21 days standby. This should be the Z5x that was introduced in China last month packing a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with 16MP in-screen camera, Snapdragon 710, up to 8GB RAM and a 5000mAh battery.
Vivo Z1 Pro specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.78 aperture LED flash, 8-megapixel 120° wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.39 x 77.33 x 8.85 mm; Weight: 204g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The phone was introduced in Midnight Black, Phantom Black and Aurora Blue colors starting at 1398 yuan (US$ 202 / Rs. 14,075 approx.) for the base 4GB + 64GB version and 1998 yuan (US$ 289 / Rs. 20,120 approx.) for the top-end 8GB + 128GB version in China. We should know the pricing when the phone is launched sometime later this month.