Vivo just announced Z5x, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Z series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD with 90.77% screen-to-body ratio with 16-megapixel in-screen camera, is powered by Snapdragon 710 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with Funtouch OS on top, has a 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra wide sensor and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots.
It has a plastic back with gradient options in some color variants, has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and also lets you charge other devices with OTG, but it uses micro USB port.
Vivo Z5x specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.78 aperture LED flash, 8-megapixel 120° wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.39 x 77.33 x 8.85 mm; Weight: 204g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Vivo Z5x comes in Midnight Black, Phantom Black and Aurora Blue colors, is priced 1398 yuan (US$ 202 / Rs. 14,075 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1498 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 15,080 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1698 yuan (US$ 246 / Rs. 17,100 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1998 yuan (US$ 289 / Rs. 20,120 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale in China from next week.