Qualcomm has announced Snapdragon 712, the company’s latest SoC in the new 700 series and the successor of Snapdragon 710 that was introduced last year. It is built on the same power-efficient 10nm process technology, is based on Kryo 360 architecture and has Adreno 616 GPU, however the company promises 10% performance uplift across gaming, web browsing and more since the CPU is clocked up to 2.3GHz compared to up to 2.2GHz in the predecessor.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 (performance) + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency) CPUs
- 10nm process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU
- OpenCL 2.0 Full, DirectX 12, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.0 API support
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – Up to 32 MP single camera, 20MP dual camera, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, Ultra HD 4K video capture at 30fps, High quality video capture with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering, Multi-Frame Noise Reduction (MFNR) with accelerated image stabilization, 3D structured light and time of flight active depth sensing
- Supports up to QHD+ (3360×1440) displays with HDR10
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with up to 800 Mbps DL and 150 Mbps UL, LAA and 4×4 MIMO
- Multi SIM: LTE Dual SIM, VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Wi-Fi integrated 802.11ac 2×2 with MU-MIMO, Tri-band Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) + 60 GHz GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5.0
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 should have entered mass production and be available for OEMs. It expected in mobile devices sometime in Q1 2019.