Along with the Mi 9, Xiaomi also introduced the Mi 9 SE, successor of last year’s Mi 8 SE in China. It has a 5.97-inch Full HD+ Samsung AMOLED display with 90.4% screen-to-body ratio. It is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 712 SoC. The phone has fifth-gen in-display fingerprint sensor and retains the main 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor as well as 20-megapixel front camera from the Mi 9, but this feature an 8-megapixel telephoto lens and a 13-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens.
The phone comes with a gradient holographic rainbow spectrum surface on the back, has a slightly smaller 3070mAh battery and has support for 18W fast charging, but it doesn’t have wireless charging that is present in the Mi 9.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE specifications
- 5.97-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC Color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 13MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 147.5×70.5×7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3070mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE comes in Blue, Violet and Dark great colors, is priced at 1,999 yuan (US$ 297 / Rs. 21,150 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2,299 yuan (US$ 341 / Rs. 24,330 approx.). It will go on sale in China from March 1st.