Update – January 18, 2019: Samsung has posted new video and image teasers for the M series showing the ‘Infinity U’ display with minimal bezels.
I have a display that lets you have more of everything! I’m the new Samsung #GalaxyMSeries.
See me on 28th Jan. Get Notified on Amazon: https://t.co/EPNqSsdMgH
& Samsung India: https://t.co/n0TpN1fs8m#IMPOWERD pic.twitter.com/SBhiMD3aql
— Samsung Mobile India (@SamsungMobileIN) January 18, 2019
Earlier: After leaks, Samsung has officially announced that its Galaxy ‘M Series’ smartphones will launch in India on January 28th exclusively on Amazon.in. Based on earlier rumors, we can expect the Galaxy M10 (SM-M105F), Galaxy M20 (SM-M205F) and Galaxy M30 (SM-M305F) smartphones. Galaxy M20 even showed up on the Samsung India support site recently. The invite shows Infinity U display with a camera inside the notch and the earpiece is present on the top bezel.
Official teaser images also reveal curved edges, power button and volume rockers on the right side, dual rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The phone will also come with support for fast charging. Looks like Samsung is finally moving from micro USB to USB Type-C for its mid-range smartphones.
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Hexa) Exynos 7885 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 3 GB RAM, 32GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimension:156.4 x 74.5 x8.8mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
We should know more details about Galaxy M Series smartphones in the coming weeks.