HMD Global just launched the Nokia 7.1, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone in India. It was introduced last month and packs a 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 screen with a notch, 80% screen-to-body ratio, has support for HDR and also supports SD to HDR real-time conversion. With HDR10 support; 1 million: 1 dynamic contrast ratio; 500-million pixels processed per second providing smooth and accurate HDR video.The display also adapts to indoor and bright outdoor sunlight. The company calls it PureDisplay. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo), and recently got Android 9.0 (Pie) update.
It is powered by Snapdragon 636 with 4GB of RAM, has 12MP (RGB) + 5MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with ZEISS Optics and fast accurate autofocus. The 8MP AI enhanced front facing camera supports facial recognition. It has a 6000 series aluminium frame and uses dual-anodised diamond cut coloured edge. It packs a 3060mAh battery with support for USB Type-C fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Nokia 7.1 specifications
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP (RGB) rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, Nokia OZO audio
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm; Weight: 160g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors, is priced at Rs. 19,999 and will be available top mobile retailers across India and on Nokia.com/phones from 7th December. Check out the hands on impressions here.
- Airtel prepaid customers get 1TB of 4G data on eligible plans starting Rs. 199 and Airtel postpaid customers can enjoy additional data of 120GB along with three months of Netflix subscription and one year of Amazon Prime subscription on plans starting Rs. 499.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.1 using HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores will receive a 10% cashback.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head, India, HMD Global, said:
We know a lot of our fans in India enjoy creating videos and watching content on their smartphones. That’s why it was important for us to bring both ZEISS optics and PureDisplay technology together in a versatile device that offers a superior content experience, regardless of whether you’re taking photos for your social media or watching the latest series on your favourite streaming service.
With real-time SDR to HDR conversion, more fans can enjoy a premium viewing experience across content. And with the integrated ZEISS optics, fans can take advantage of rapid auto focus and capture incredible HDR photography as well. We’re thrilled to bring such an impressive device, created with the help of best in class partners to our fans in India.