HMD Global just announced the Nokia 7.1, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone, after it surfaced recently. The main highlight of the phone is its 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 screen with a notch, 80% screen-to-body ratio, has support for HDR and also supports SD to HDR real-time conversion. With HDR10 support; 1 million: 1 dynamic contrast ratio; 500-million pixels processed per second providing smooth and accurate HDR video.The display also adapts to indoor and bright outdoor sunlight. The company calls it PureDisplay. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) but the company has promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update .
It has 12MP (RGB) + 5MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with ZEISS Optics and fast accurate autofocus. The 8MP AI enhanced front facing camera supports facial recognition. It has a 6000 series aluminium frame and uses dual-anodised diamond cut coloured edge. It packs a 3060mAh battery with support for USB Type-C fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Nokia 7.1 specifications
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP (RGB) rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, Nokia OZO audio
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm; Weight: 160g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors and starts at 299 Euros (US$ 343 / Rs. 25,400 approx.) or 319 Euros (US$ 367 / Rs. 27,100 approx.) depending on the country and the average selling price of the 4GB + 64GB version is 349 Euros (US$ 401 / Rs.29,625 approx.). It will be up for pre-order in Europe starting from tomorrow, October 5th, but it should be cheaper in India.