After taking pre-orders, Samsung has officially launched its flagship Galaxy Note9 smartphone, as it had promised. It comes with a 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display – an end-to-end, bezel-less screen that extends to the phone’s sides, similar to the Note8. It has 12-megapixel rear camera with variable aperture tech that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daytime as well as a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens for live focus for bokeh effect with background blur, similar to the S9+.
It has Iris scanner, similar to the predecessor, and the fingerprint sensor is now present below the camera, like the S9 series. It s also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings. It also has Bixby assistant that was first introduced with the S8 series and also has a dedicated Bixby hardware button.
It also has an improved S Pen stylus with Bluetooth support that has a button on its surface along with a clicker on the bottom that lets you take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play video, and more. Samsung also said that it will open it to developers later this year so that they can integrate the S Pen’s Bluetooth functionalities into their apps.
It has stereo speakers tuned by AKG and support Dolby Atmos, similar to the S9 series. It also has AR Emoji that uses machine learning to analyse and map more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions. Samsung has finally increased the battery capacity to 4000mAh, which is largest on its flagship device till date. This supports both wired Adaptive fast charging as well as wireless fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 comes in Midnight Black, Ocean Blue and Metallic Copper (128GB only) colors and is priced at Rs. 67,900 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs Rs. 84,900. It is available from Flipkart, Amazon.in, Samsung online Shop as well as offline retailers across India. Check out the hands-on impressions here.
- Buy from Paytm Mall to get a cashback of Rs. 6,000.
- HDFC Bank credit or debit cards or HDFC Consumer Durable loans (CD Loans) lets you avail a cashback of Rs. 6,000.
- Under the Samsung Upgrade Program, you can get upgrade bonus of Rs. 6,000 on exchange of old device for the Galaxy Note9. The upgrade bonus is over and above the exchange value.
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128 GB) will be available on the Airtel online store at a down payment of just Rs. 7,900 and an EMI of INR 2,999, built-in with a monthly postpaid plan.
- Airtel customers Rs. INR 499 or INR 799 infinity postpaid plan on the new Samsung Galaxy Note9 will get an additional 75GB of 3G/4G data per month, for 30 billing cycles.
- Vodafone customers on Samsung Galaxy Note9 can enjoy an unlimited entertainment experience with free Netflix subscription for 12-month on subscribing to Red postpaid plans of Rs. 999 and above.
- Customers using Jio can enjoy a 30-day International Roaming Pack (Voice & Data) on Jio postpaid, exclusively on the Galaxy Note9 at a cost of Rs. 5,000