Xiaomi’s sub-brand POCO just launched the F1, the company’s first smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.18-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with a notch, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB RAM and LiquidCool Technology. It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI on top with POCO launcher, and the company has promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update in Q4 2018.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture portrait shots, real-time AI, intelligent scene recognition that can detect 206 scenes across 25 categories. It also comes with a 20-megapixel front camera with AI features and pixel binning. It has IR face unlock that can unlock the phone 0.4 seconds, even in pitch darkness.
It features a hard-coated polycarbonate unibody design and also comes in Kevlar back option called Armored Edition that uses Kevlar aramid fibre, as you can see in the image above. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has Dual 4G VoLTE as well as 4G+ that promises up to 275% faster data throughput over conventional 4G and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging, and also includes 9V/2A (18W) charger in the box.
POCO F1 specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX363 sensor, Dual Pixel auto focus, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD, Dual Smart PA
- Dimensions: 155.5x 75.3x 8.8; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G+ VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The POCO F1 comes in Graphite Black, Steel Blue and Rosso Red colors as well as Armored Edition with Kevlar back. It also comes with a soft case in the box.
- POCO F1 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – Rs. 20,999
- POCO F1 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – Rs. 23,999
- POCO F1 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – Rs. 28,999
- POCO F1 8GB RAM + 256GB storage Kevlar Armored Edition – Rs. 29,999
- Ultra-slim case with matte finish – Rs. 399
- Armored case with Kevlar finish – Rs. 799
- POCO Mobile Skins – Rs. 299
It will be available exclusively on Flipkart and Mi.com from August 29th at 12PM. Check out the hands-on impressions here.
- Rs. 1000 off for HDFC Bank credit/debit card holders during first sale
- Rs. 8000 instant benefits, up to 6TB additional data for Jio users