Xiaomi just announced Mi Max 3, the latest smartphone in the Mi Max series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.9-inch FHD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display with 1.3mm slim bezels on the sides, is powered by Snapdragon 636 with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI on top, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual PD focus along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI and has AI features for the camera that can detect 206 scenes, comes with AI voice assistant, and there is an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with support for face unlock.
There is a fingerprint sensor on the metal back, and the phone packs a 5500mAh battery with support from Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging as well as parallel charging.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 specifications
- 6.9-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC color gamut
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- MIUI based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano / nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, Dual PD focus, LED flash, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 176.15×87.4×7.99mm; Weight: 221g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5500mAh (typical) / 5400mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 comes in Meteorite Black, Dream Gold and Dark Blue colors, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 252 / Rs.17,320 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 296 / Rs. 20,375 approx.). It will be available in China starting from July 20th.