Huawei just announced Maimang 6, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. It is the successor of last year’s Maimang 5 and packs a 5.9-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with minimal bezels, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor and has a 16-megapixel rear camera with a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information. There is also a 13-megapixel front camera with a secondary 2-megapixel camera.
It has a unibody metal design, features a fingerprint sensor on the back and comes with a 3340mAh battery
Huawei Maimang 6 specifications
- 5.9-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.2 × 75.2 × 7.5mm; Weight: 164g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / Glonass, NFC
- 3340mAh battery (typical) / 3240mAh (minimum) battery
The Huawei Maimang 6 comes in Obsidian Black, Streamer Gold and Aurora Blue colors, is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 364 / Rs. 23,600 approx.) and is available for pre-order starting today, and ships from September 30. The phone is said to be introduced globally has Huawei Mate 10 Lite next month along with the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.