Recently, we heard a rumor from BGR that the Droid 2 is hitting Verizon shelves on August 12th, and now here is a proof (image above) which is showing that the Droid 2 is coming to your near Best Buy store on August 12th, and that’s a 100% confirmation from Best Buy. Thanks to Droid-Life for discovering this image. The image is a little blurry, so read what the image is saying after the break:
Droid 2: Hard Street Date August 12
Looking for some devices to go with those mysterious Rocketfish cases you received last week? How about the Motorola Droid 2?
The Droid 2 launches Thursday, August 12 with a hard street date. Do not sell the Droid 2 before August 12.
Check out just the few of the specs below:
- The first Verizon smartphone to launch Android 2.2 (Froyo) with Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Big Screen 3.7 inches
- 1 GHz processor that loads web pages 40 percent faster than the original Droid
- Becomes a 3G mobile hotspot for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Multiple input options: Touch, talk, type or SWYPE, bigger physical keyboard
- 8 GB pre-loaded microSD card and 8GB of internal memory (upgradeable to 40 GB with optional 32 GB microSD card)
- Facebook, MySpace and Twitter in the real time without logging into multiple sites
- Universal inbox: See texts, social network messages, e-mail, Exchange or more (or view them all separately)
- 5MP camera with dual LED flash, digital zoom and autofocus, DVD quality video recorder
So folks are you ready for the Droid 2? Or you like the Droid X?