Earlier this week Samsung sent out invites for the Galaxy Note7 announcement on August 2nd. The smartphone will go on sale on the same day in some markets, according to a report from Korea’s ET News.
Even though Samsung started pre-bookings for the Galaxy Note5 on the day of the announcement, it started shipping to customers only a week later.
It is not clear which all markets will get the Galaxy Note7 first. India usually gets flagship Samsung smartphones within a month after the announcement. Hope the next flagship will launch in the country within August.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display
- Octa-Core Exynos 8 / Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
The Galaxy Note7 is expected to come in Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Blue Coral colors and will be announced at an event in New York at 11:00 a.m. EDT (8:30 PM IST) on August 2, 2016.