Samsung just announced the Galaxy A9, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘Galaxy A’ series at an event in China. It packs a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass and 2.74mm narrow frame, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 (Previously 620) processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support with dedicated nano SIM slots and a microSD expansion slot, but this might be different in the international variant. It has 4G LTE connectivity, fingerprint sensor under the home button and packs a 4000mAh battery with fast charging support. It has metal frame and glass back similar to the Galaxy S6 series smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy A9 specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Snapdragon 652 (620) processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable memory upto 128GB via micro SD card
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP rear camera, OIS, S5K3L2 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.1, ANT+, NFC
- 4000mAh battery, Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 comes in White, Gold and Pink colors. No word on the pricing or availability yet.