Chinese manufacturer ZTE has launched the Nubia Z9 mini under a separate Nubia sub-brand. It was originally introduced in China earlier this year and packs a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) OGS display with 74.1% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 2.8. It has 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor, 6p lenses, LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens with NeoVision 5.0 Camera UI.
It has support for TD-LTE 2300MHz (Band 40) and FDD-LTE 1800MHz (Band 3) for India. The smartphone has aircraft grade alloy frame and glass finish on the back.
nubia Z9 mini specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD CGS, OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 2.8
- Dual nano SIM
- Dimension: : 141.3 x 69.8 x 8.1mm and weighs 145g
- 16MP camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX234 Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 6P lenses
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX179 Exmor R BSI sensor, 80-degree wide viewing angle
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), GPS/aGPS
- 3000 mAh battery
The nubia Z9 mini comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 16,999 in India. It will be exclusively available through Amazon.in starting from today.
Commenting on the launch, Yuan Kang, (CEO Terminal Sales South Asia), said:
We are excited to be entering India. We believe this is the perfect time for a brand like us launch here given the high paced economic growth and focus on developing the highest quality communications infrastructure nationally to support the new government’s “Make in India” vision.
Felix Fu (Co-founder and Senior Vice President – nubia, said:
nubia has plans to make several significant investments and undertake initiatives to establish nubia as one of the most preferred among major global brands in India. Indian mobile phone users can expect us to surprise the Indian market with even more devices with high quality features at highly disruptive features to be launched further this year.
Samir Kumar, Director, Category Management, and Amazon India, said:
We are very excited to be the partner of choice for nubia and give our customers across India an easy and convenient access to this great device. This aligns with our vision of enabling customers to find, discover and buy anything that they wish to buy online and have a delightful shopping experience every time they shop on Amazon.in. We are the fastest growing eCommerce marketplace in the country today and this tie-up is a validation of the faith customers as well as brands place in our platform.