Xiaomi is known to be a success story in its native country ie China and we expected to see competitive pricing for its products here in India too. Color us surprised to see how low a price point Xiaomi has been able to hit with its Mi3. To launch at Rs. 14,999 the phone brings top of the line specifications.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
We’ve had some time with the handset and can vouch for the fact that the 1080p display on the phone is absolutely gorgeous. The phone runs a custom interface dubbed MIUI that is a very different take on Android. While the UI might not be appealing to all, there’s no denying the fact that it adds a lot of functionality to the handset.
Powering it is a Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM which is almost as fast as current flagships. Surprisingly, the phone opts for a full size SIM slot. The lack of a microSD card slot is something that we take issue with considering 16GB isn’t nearly enough storage. We do hope that the company will introduce the 64GB variant in India sooner rather than later. With the astonishingly low price that the company has been able to hit, we expect quantities to be very limited so you’ll want to hit that order button as soon as it goes online. You’ll be able to register to get your phone on 15th July.
[Source – Mi.com]