Samsung is all set to launch the Galaxy S5, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in India tomorrow. Now Manish Khatri from Mahesh Telecom reports that the phone would be priced at Rs. 51,500 in India and would go on pre-order starting March 28th for a pre-booking price of Rs. 1500. Samsung also plans to offer 15% Cash Back on Citibank Credit Cards with EMI of 6/12/18 months at applicable interest rates. So Citi Bank Credit Card customers could get the device for around Rs. 43,700 .
— Manish Khatri (@MAHESHTELECOM) March 26, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4Kvideo recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available for pre-order till April 10th and would be shipped on April 11th. Samsung is expected to launch the 16GB variant in India, but it is not clear if India would get the Snapdragon or the Exynos Octa Core variant.
Earlier reports revealed that Samsung would launch the Galaxy S5 cheaper than the launch price of the Galaxy S4, that was Rs. 41,500. The Samsung Galaxy S4 got a price cut recently and is available for less than Rs. 30,000. Price tag of Rs. 51,500 could be the MRP of the device and the MOP or the best buy price is expected to be cheaper. We will be there at the event tomorrow to find more details.