Huawei has just announced the MediaPad X1, the company’s latest phablet with LTE support at the Mobile World Congress 2014. It has a 7-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) IPS display, powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Huawei’s own Emotion UI on top. It has category 4 LTE support that offers speeds up to 150 Mbps.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera Sony Exmor R BSI sensor and LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 10-level auto-facial enhancement and voice-activated hands-free capture. Since this is a phablet, you have voice calling as well.
Huawei MediaPad X1 specifications
- 7-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) IPS display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core HiSilicon Kirin910 processor with Mali 450 GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Emotion UI 2.0
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 7.18mm thick and weighs 239 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16,GB Internal storage, microSD card slot
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- 5000 mAh battery
The Huawei MediaPad X1 would go on sale in China, Russia, Western Europe, the Middle East, Japan and Latin America, starting from March 2014. It is priced at 399 Euros.