Yota Devices has finally launched the YotaPhone at an event in Russia as we reported recently. The YotaPhone is priced at 499 Euros in Europe and costs 19,980 Rubles in Russia. The company showed off the phone with dual screens at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier this year. It has 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi touch main screen and a 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) E-Ink rear screen. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8960 processor and runs on Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean). The phone also has special YotaPhone gestures and Put2Back applications for the back screen.
- 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi touch main display
- 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) EPD rear screen, 16 grayscale; capacitive touch zone below the EPD for gesture controls
- Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8960 processor
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
- 1MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 133.6 x 67 x 9.99mm; Weight – 146g
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory
- Accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor,
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetoooth v4.0, GPS w/A-GPS + GLONASS
- Black and white
- 1800mAh battery
The YotaPhone would on sale on December 4, today in Russia and would go on sale through retail stores in Germany and Russia and through online store in Austria, Germany, France and Spain mid-December for Euros (Rs. 42,200 approx). It would launch in UK, Greece, Cyprus and the Czech Republic, as well as in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran and Egypt) in January 2014. The company plans to sell 500,000 YotaPhones across its launch territories. No word on India launch yet.