MapmyIndia, popular for its GPS navigation and mobile apps has launched MapmyIndia Locate that would let the users share the location and to stay connected with their friends and family. You can add up to 3 people to locate, set/configure times and days of the week when their friends/family can locate them. Once it’s done you can report the visits by checking-in to the app at the locations or the app automatically picks up location. You can also get the movement reports for up to 5 days which can be viewed on the Android app and also on the mobile web.
Features of MapmyIndia Locate
- Add up-to three friends or family members to locate
- Tracking yourself is enabled by default in the app
- The application also supports detailed movement reporting.
- See people you are locating on a real-time map
- Users can either manually check-in to places or the app automatically picks up location every 500 meters and shows it as auto-check in
- Get movement reports for people being located for up to five days including date, time and address
- Set custom locate settings for getting located like days of the week and time of the day when they wish to be tracked
- Reports are accessible not just in the app but also through a web/mobile web dashboard at locate.mapmyindia.com
- The app uses GPS, Wi-Fi or Cell Tower Triangulation, whichever is available in that order to compute location.
Download MapmyIndia Locate for Android from the Google Play Store for free.