motorola just launched the edge 40 neo, the company’s latest smartphone in the edge series in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.55-inch 144Hz 10-bit pOLED curved screen, and says it is the first phone in the world to be powered by Dimensity 7030 SoC, even though this has similar specifications as the Dimensity 1050.
The phone runs Android 13, and the company has confirmed 2 Android updates and 3 years of security updates for the phone. It will come with 100% plastic-free sustainable packaging, and will come with climate-friendly, yet colourful cases, said the company.
The phone has vegan leather matte acrylic back options in Pantone curated colours and also has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance. It packs a 5000mAh battery with 68W TurboPower fast charging, but doesn’t come with wireless charging which is present in the edge 40.
motorola edge 40 neo specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 10-bit pOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1300 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.5GHz A78+ 4 x 2GHz A55) Dimensity 7030 6nm processor with Mali-G610 MC3 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Quad Pixel Technology, 13MP 120° ultra-wide autofocus camera, f/2.2 aperture, macro and depth options, LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, Quad Pixel Technology
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dust and water resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 72 x 7.89mm (Silicone/Vegan Leather) / 7.79mm (PMMA/Acrylic); Weight: 170g (PMMA/Acrylic) / 172g (Silicone/Vegan Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA (15 5G bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
Pricing and availability
The motorola edge 40 neo comes in Soothing Sea and Caneel Bay with a vegan leather Black and Black Beauty colour with a glass back. It is priced at Rs. 23,999 for the 8GB + 128GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 22,999. There is a limited-period festive discount, so these will be available for Rs. 20,999 and Rs. 22,999, respectively for a limited period.
The phone will be available from Flipkart starting from September 28th at 7PM.
- Rs. 1,000 Additional bump-up on exchange
- Rs. 1,000 Instant bank discount on select banks
- 6 months no cost EMI starting at Rs. 3500 per month
Commenting on the launch, Prashant Mani, Executive Director – Motorola Asia Pacific, said:
We are excited to launch the Motorola Edge 40 Neo in India, which showcases our dedication to cutting-edge technology and innovation. This impressive device sets new standards with its segment-first features across design, display, battery life, and performance. The edge 40 Neo is the World’s Lightest 5G smartphone with IP68 Underwater Protection, comes with a 144Hz curved display with a billion colors, the World’s 1st MediaTek Dimensity 7030 processor with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, plus an ultra-premium design that makes it a head turner in its truest sense. Additionally, it comes in a range of Pantone™ colors that embody Motorola’s signature style. We are certain that this smartphone will set new benchmarks and encourage users to explore new levels of creativity, connectivity, and convenience.