Samsung just announced Galaxy Tab A8, the company’s latest mid-range tablet in the A series. It features a 10.5-inch WUXGA TFT screen, slim bezel and a 16:10 common aspect ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core SoC, which should be UNISOC T618 SoC, based on benchmark leaks, compared to Snapdragon 662 in last year’s Galaxy Tab A7.
It features an 8-megapixel rear and a 5-megapixel front camera, Quad stereo speakers with support for Dolby Atmos and packs a 7,040mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 specifications
- 10.5-inch (2000×1200 pixel) WUXGA TFT display
- UNISOC T618 Octa-Core (2 x 2.0 GHz Arm Cortex-A75 and 6 x 1.8 GHz ARM Cortex-A55) 12nm processor with Mali G52 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11
- 8MP auto focus rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Quad Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions:246.8 x 161.9 x 6.9mm; Weight: 508g
- 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 7,040mAh battery with 15W adaptive fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 comes in Gray, Silver and Pink Gold colours and is priced at €229 (US$ 257 / Rs. 19,690 approx.) for 3GB+32GB Wi-Fi version, €259 (US$ 291 / Rs. 22,270 approx.) for 4GB+64GB Wi-Fi version and €309 (US$ 347 / Rs. 26,570 approx.) for 4GB+128GB Wi-Fi version.
The 3GB+32GB LTE model costs €279 (US$ 314 / Rs. 23,990 approx.), 4GB+64GB LTE model is priced at €309 (US$ 347 / Rs. 26,570 approx.) and the top-end 4GB+128GB LTE model is priced at €359 (US$ 404 / Rs. 30,870 approx.). It will start rolling out in Europe later this month and in the US in January 2022.