Reliance Jio announced the JioPhone Next, the company’s ultra-affordable Android smartphone in partnership with Google, back in June. After several teasers, the company has launched the phone just ahead of Diwali, as it had promised.
The phone is priced at Rs. 1,999, and you can pay the rest via easy EMI over 18/24 months, and the plans start at Rs. 300 per month. There is a processing fee of Rs. 501. You can also purchase the phone without any plans or EMI by paying Rs. 6499 in full. Check out the plans below.
The JioPhone Next will be available from Diwali, November 4th through JioMart Digital’s network of more than 30,000 retail partners with paperless digital financing option, extending to the remotest corners of the country.
You can get it from Jio Store offline, Jio.com or on WhatsApp Send ‘Hi’ to 70182-70182.
JioPhone Next specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ display with antifingerprint coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 215 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 (Go Edition) with Pragati OS
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM + microSD) with one SIM PLMN locked to Jio, mobile data connectivity available only on Jio SIM
- 13MP autofocus rear camera, LED flash
- 8MP autofocus front camera
- 3.5mm jack, FM Radio, 1511 Speaker and Receiver, Dual MEMS Digital mic
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB
- 3500mAh battery
JioPhone Next software features
- Pragati OS built specifically for India by Jio and Google
- For users who might not be able to read content in their language, with a tap of a button they can now translate what’s on their screen, and even have it read back to them in their own language.
- Read Aloud and ‘Translate Now’ are now OS-wide features that will work with any text on the phone screen, including web pages, apps, messages, and even photos.
- Night mode and HDR in camera, Snapchat Lenses directly in Camera Go app
- Over the air updates support for new features, customization, security updates and more, which will continue to enhance the phone experience over time.
Commenting on the launch, Mukesh D Ambani, Chairman & Managing Director, Reliance Industries said:
I am delighted that Google and Jio teams have succeeded in bringing this breakthrough device to Indian consumers in time for the festival season, inspite of the current global supply chain challenges caused by the Covid pandemic. I have always been a firm believer in the power of the Digital Revolution to enrich, enable and empower the lives of 1.35 billion Indians. We have done it in the past with connectivity. Now we are enabling it again with a smartphone device.
Among the many rich features of JioPhone Next, the one that has impressed me the most — and one that will empower common Indians the most and take their digital journeys to the next level — is its contribution to India’s linguistic integration. India’s unique strength is our linguistic diversity. Those Indians who might not be able to read content in English or in their language can get it translated, and even read out, in their own language on this smart device. It makes me proud to say that we are bridging the gap between ‘India’ and ‘Bharat, because ‘BHARAT’ Karega Digital Pragati – PRAGATI OS Ke Saath’
This is also yet another proof of Reliance’s ‘WE CARE’ philosophy — We Care for the People, and We Care for our Customers. I heartily congratulate Sundar Pichai and his team at Google, and everyone in Jio who partnered for offering this wonderful Diwali Gift to our countrymen. Happy Deepawali to one and all.
Commenting on this milestone, Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google and Alphabet, said:
The JioPhone Next is an affordable smartphone designed for India, inspired by the belief that everyone in India should benefit from the opportunities the internet creates. To build it, our teams had to work together to solve complex engineering and design challenges, and I’m excited to see how millions of people will use these devices to better their lives and communities.