Update: After rumours, Motorola today confirmed the launch of the launch of the moto e40 smartphone in India on October 12th. It was also introduced in Brazil this week, and it will be sold on Flipkart in India, similar to other motorola phones. The company also introduced the moto e30 with similar specifications, but this will be sold in Europe and Latin America.
moto e40 specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display with 90Hz refresh rate
- UNISOC T700 (2 x Cortex-A75 + 6 x Cortex-A55 1.8GHz) octa-core CPU with 850 MHz Mali G52 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP rear camera, Quad Pixel technology, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Single Bottom-ported Speaker
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 165.1×75.7×9.14mm; Weight: 198g
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 4G VoLTE, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5,000 mAh battery with 10W charging
The moto e40 comes in Pink Clay and Carbon Clar colours and is priced at Rs. 1,349 Brazilian Real (US$ 244 / Rs. 18,387 approx.), but it will be cheaper in India.
The moto e30 comes in Mineral Grey and Digital Blue colours and is priced at €129 (US$ 149 / Rs. 11,210 approx.).
— Motorola India (@motorolaindia) October 6, 2021
Earlier: Motorola has started teasing the launch of moto E40 smartphone in India soon, and the phone has been listed by an online retailer in Romania, after it was leaked by @evleaks last month. Earlier leak revealed a 6.5-inch HD+ 90Hz screen with a punch-hole camera, 48MP rear camera and an Octa-Core processor. The image reveals a triple rear camera setup and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.